Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Value

Over the last few days, I have been considering my value in the world. Sounds very deep but just think of it in a purely logical, practical way. There is no doubt in my mind that without humans, the world would be a better place. And in the cosmic sense, we are just a speck. But let's say that the species does somehow continue, then where would the value of each of us be?

Perhaps it's in the beauty and love we leave behind - not logical or practical at all! But perhaps that shows in our deeds and teaching how to help create a thing of beauty or how to love. A new plant grown, a story read when you don't have the time, an animal rescued or maybe just a real smile to someone you don't know. Very practical.

Ok- I give in. You decide for yourself.

Thank you to my partner of 20 years. I knew you the first time I saw you- a person of beauty and love.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps one of the reasons that we are still on this planet is because some of us care enough to help heal the damage that is being done to it i.e. scales of life.

    I'd like to think that with our off grid, (improving) sustainability, low footprint lifestyle we are showing what can be done if one cares enough and tries hard enough. I KNOW we are being examples to our (adult) children, who have shown immense interest in following in our footsteps :)

    ReplyDelete

Plastering and more

Sorry for the lack of progress reports but here are a few pictures to show where we are now. The internal walls are drywall on timber frames...