Friday, September 29, 2017

So aubergines need heat to germinate. Preferably over 18 degrees. I don't have a dedicated space for this right now so I am using my compost heap. I dug a hole in my steaming compost heap and put the seed tray in it. I covered with black shade cloth with a layer of compost over the top. Tomorrow I will move the tray to a new spot and remove the covering compost but not the cover. Let's see how many days until germination. 


A new chicken tractor. Again. We had to leave the last one at the previous farm. A friend gave us an old trailer so I am welding bits on to strengthen it. It gets a sealed plywood floor, nutec walls and a corrugated iron roof. All the bits and pieces are off the farm except the floor and walls. More to come...


1 comment:

Plastering and more

Sorry for the lack of progress reports but here are a few pictures to show where we are now. The internal walls are drywall on timber frames...