Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Working on the farm

Yesterday we began working on Granny's cottage. We did some damp-proofing and sealing and today we filled and began painting. She very kindly sent lunch and while I sat to eat it, I realised she has the best view of all the houses! She looks directly at the mountain with no other houses visible except ours though the trees. Just divine and tonight as I walked back home under lots of stars I felt so fortunate to be able to do this for my Mommy. Tomorrow I will check my second coat and she can begin moving in. Max has even said he will spend a night with her. Now that is a BIG step! And Granny thought she was moving to peace and quiet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Plastering and more

Sorry for the lack of progress reports but here are a few pictures to show where we are now. The internal walls are drywall on timber frames...